Qualifications and experience of Nikki Brecht - Chartered Physiotherapist and Accredited Pilates Instructor.
- I qualified as a physiotherapist in 2004, graduating with a BSc (Hons) from the University of the West of England, Bristol.
- I worked full-time as a physiotherapist within the NHS in Berkshire for four years, gaining experience working with patients in a hospital setting and those recovering from operations/injury.
- I completed my first pilates course in 2005 after I found that giving patients exercises which focused on strengthening their core stability and improving their posture often helped their recovery.
- I continued to enjoy teaching pilates and wanted to develop my skills as an instructor and therefore I qualified with the Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute as an Accredited Pilates Instructor in 2006.
- During this time, I worked part-time for a private Physiotherapy Clinic in Reading. I held 3 pilates classes from beginner to advanced level for patients referred both from the physiotherapy clinic and members of the public. I also ran beginner level pilates classes for a hospital within the NHS.
- I then moved to work full-time as a Senior Physiotherapist for a Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic in Reading for 18 months. In January 2010 I started a new job as a Senior Physiotherapist job at 3way Healthcare in Woodley, which is another private physiotherapy clinic where I also run pilates classes. I also work at One Health, a private clinic in Bracknell and as a physiotherapist for Woking Gymnastics club in Surrey. Here, I have treated gymnasts up to National level of competition.
- I decided to set up my own pilates classes in Bracknell during 2008 as I felt that I had sufficient experience to offer my expertise as a physiotherapist and pilates instructor to members of the public who wanted to join a pilates class in the region. I also believe that I am able to provide classes at an affordable price to the general public.
- I am an Accredited Member of the Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute, member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and the Health Professions Council, and FitPro. I am fully insured as both a physiotherapist and pilates instructor.
- Outside of my full-time work I am a keen gymnast, representing Woking Gymnastics Club at the British Veterans Championships 3 x in the last 4 years. This year I have competed in my first mini triathlon in Crowthorne in 1 hour 25 mins (8 lengths swimming, cycling 17k, running 5k). I also ran Reading Half Marathon in 1 hour and 55 mins in April which was a new PB.